Thread: Hypocrisy
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

I hung around sites that discussed NPD for quite a while after my longest relationship, with someone who had a lot of narcissistic traits. That relationship did not help my alcoholism, though it wasn't to blame. He was self-aggrandising, cultivated an air of mystery, had loads of bogus charm (which I fell for) and could be loving one minute then witheringly critical the next. Looking back, I don't know how I could have been so taken in by his fakeness, but it was the 'love' that he offered that sucked me in. When one is immature and relies on external validation like I did, that kind of 'love' is completely captivating. I think that's what narcissists identify and take immediate advantage of. Eight years of that ... it really put me off relationships for a long time.

Ever since I've had a mental checklist of NPD in my head and I test out all romantic interests against it. What I found is that most people can display some narcissistic traits if you look hard enough but once you've spent enough time with a true narcissist, you have a pretty good barometer.

Doriss, I have time for Icke (in doses) - he's extremely controversial of course but he was a trailblazer and I admire his courage. I'll just leave that there and not say further.

Stay close and think of something else you can put that money towards. Think of how wretched you will feel if you go out and buy and drink booze. Play the tape forward. It will be misery.