Thread: Hypocrisy
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You like that guy's blog? Did you previously think you might be a narcissist or the empath?

That guy is creepy, to me.

Been with a couple narcs. Not going there again, even though they are fun for a minute. They're pretty easy to spot!

To be fair though - in America these guys are everywhere so dodging them is a bit problematic.
I didn't like the blog, but I was drawn to it for a while because some personality evaluations gave me hints that I might have psychopathic traits. So, not from the empath (that I could never fake, another sign I didn't have disorders like NPD or borderline... I cannot fake that even with all the cognitive) side but from his. I kept reading, even participated for a while, and discovered many similarities between him and myself, which I also sometimes shared on the blog. In the end though, it pulled together better and I confidently concluded I was not that similar and don't have this life-long issue. Some traits, yes, but not NPD or ASPD. I do still think I have some psychopathic traits. You can tell me all the way you want how horrible some motives are, and abused people can share, and I still don't feel it... but I know it is wrong and that perception will stop me cognitively. Like the discussion on my thread the other day. I don't act out as he does, including in this business of his. When I was on the blog, I constantly wanted to scream to the empaths there "don't you see where you are? what you are reinforcing? education and all...that it is the same cycle?" But then just lost interest after a while. It was useful though because I could easily identify in his system as a "normal" with some narcissistic/psychopathic traits. I think he is very smart and does some good and very accurate things but, as said before, not for the faint of heart learning experience. I think his brain works in a particular way and does not see a version of the same cycle in this business, which may be because of how he is... his brain, genetics, epigenetics, whatever.