View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
fishkiller

Ok dropping my macho exterior defense for a minute,
Y'all know my daughter has been here for a couple weeks. Well she has no vehicle so we have been trying to remedy that. She went out and looked at a few, liked a couple but really hadn't found exactly what she wants or a salesman willing to work a deal.
She found one she liked and asked me to come look at it. I did and we drove it but because of her height, or lack of , she had a hard time seeing over the hood. Took some talking because she really liked it but convinced her parking and close quarter maneuvers would get old quick and she would be stuck with it.

Well I saw another vehicle on the lot that she hadn't really considered that checked all the boxes. She drove it and really liked it. Told her Mother who is a loan officer for a bank and pretty set on certain brands. Well she was very against this particular one even with no personal experience with it. I have family members driving them for years.
Well Step Dad did some research and got Mom on board so that made daughter happy. Even though she was gonna do what she wants anyway she tries to value everyone's input.

There are literally a million of these for sale so narrowing one down has been hard.
Well we found a salesman who was willing to give a little. We don't want anything free but having family that have been in the business I know the 1st offer is not a good one.

Well we went to pick it up yesterday and while I was standing there watching her sign papers I pretty much damn near lost my composure. Who the hell gets emotional buying a car? LOL
I am standing there holding my 3 month old Granddaughter watching my baby taking care of her business. Proud does not seem like a strong enough word. .
Someone must be cutting onions right now.

6 months ago I would have been standing there impatiently waiting to leave and start my daily ritual.

The fact that I had the patience and clear mind to guide her in the right direction is priceless.
This is what I have been missing. This is what life is about. Helping others whether it be family or not.

God I wish I could go back 30 years and kick that son of a ------ in his ---