View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
dontlookbacchus

Hi Classmates

Thank you everyone. It was a big work day yesterday and it went well. Thankfully.
There were a few times, as I was scrambling to get everything done, that I almost froze with the pressure. It is super hot in my part of the world which didn't help. I focused and stayed on course. At the end, predictably, my AV immediately told me to reward myself with a drink. Nothing new there. I was good though. Today, all I want, is a boring, regular Friday.

Willow, it sounds you had a challenging days also. I hope your Friday is nicer also.

BM, your philosophy on how to best handle stress, that you know is coming, is really good.
It is funny, the way we all used to deal with stress was to get smashed. Which isn't dealing with it at all, as we know, it usually made everything worse. It feels, sometimes, that a lot of this class is us learning to actually deal with emotions. There are so many aspects to recovery, I guess.

Well, I am scrambling eggs with avocado (a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoning) shortly. I do mine in the microwave to avoid the mess. For those who have not tried it, give it a go and ignore the fact that your eggs are green. It is a life changer.

have a healthy, happy and sober day all

dlb