View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 12:57 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Toots,
You're a hoot. You and hubster sound like a fun couple to be, or be around!

Mags,
Yep!

FBL,
Happy 50th. Hope your show went well.

Sassy,
Try no maintenance. We have to call for free road service for flats as there is no way to tow it or free wheel it like other cars. So no spare. Or tire tools. We are bringing the Forester in for its 18 month oil and filter change, all maintenance free for two years including wiper blades. All car functions are recorded by LTE WiFi. They have Tesla streaming music with some great classic rock mixes. Broadband is free the first year and pretty much ~ $100.00 a year after. Yes little to no maintenance, electricity is much cheaper than gas per mile by far, and Colorado has quite a few incentives like a $4k tax credit and more I am finding. I just got my registration paperwork yesterday. Now I wait a week or so for masks to be mandatory so it is safe to go out to the DMV. This is the first car I added collision insurance to since I never make payments so no lien to allow a lender to demand full coverage. But this car is so fast I'm being very cautious. I even added that to the Forester. I'm getting soft in my retirement.

Star!
Lol! She actually has a great sense of humor. Now she's convinced she is under surveillance because it hums and clicks and she's convinced I'm doing it. In 1977 in San Antonio Texas I told her one night I was going to run down to the store and pick up some cigarettes. Everyone was in bed so I got the battery operated robot toy out that stood about 18" tall and walked, swinging its arms, while its eyes glowed menacingly red. I put it at the end of the hall turned it on and left it walking toward the bedroom area. When I returned it was still going on its side, and no one to be found. My wife terrified was in the bedroom with my oldest, then three. Turns out she didn't go see but sent my son down to check it out while she hid behind the door. When I told her I'd set it up, she was really embarrassed for sending a toddler out to clear the hall. Most of the time she jumps because she thinks I sneak up on her, but I don't usually, she just startles easily and runs in place pumping arms like she's boxing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. BTW It is white with the chrome blacked out so since it looked like one I named it Storm Trooper. My SH made me sleep with the lights on for a year in 1973 after seeing "The Exorcist."

Andy,
Glad for your sunny day.

I'm glad our little group keeps on keeping on like a bunch of Energizer bunnies!
Night!