Old 07-09-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in
Having a bad week, emotionally. I don't want to whine, because I do not have things that bad. I just feel sad and defeated lately. Sat in a budget committee meeting on Tuesday and it sent me into a bit of a tailspin. Up until now the consequences of the pandemic were inconveniences to me, but now, real people are really losing their jobs where I work. I am probably going to have to go to a 10- or 11-month appointment instead of the 12 I have now. I can handle it, I guess. I don't make much money anyway, and I have supplemental income I can draw more form. But other people are being either reduced to half-time appointments or being let go altogether. It's so disheartening. And all the division in the rest of the world, and all sorts of other things going on in my life - it all gets to me sometimes. Thank goodness, drinking does not even occur to me. I would like to run away to a cabin in the woods for a week, and I might try to do that, at least for a couple of days.

My dog is slowly improving, but I am still very very worried about him. He's drinking water but not eating. I think the antibiotics upset his stomach, but he's supposed to take them with food, and I'm making him take them anyway, with peanut butter or a pill pouch treat, but I'm sure the lack of other food is just making his stomach more upset. I have tried every tempting thing he loves to eat.