View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hey overs!
First yes I am fine (knock on wood) just haven't had much time to spare. No I don't drive it daily but we did take a trip out to Cripple Creek CO in it, about 90 minutes each way if you are enjoying the scenery and taking it slow. It is a climb behind Pikes Peak up and then down into the valley where it is nestled. I am tickled that we have what are called off peak hours year round. So I make sure to charge during off-peak hours which cost less, between 3PM and 7PM whenever I charge the Tesla. I have only charged it three times. Once from 214 miles to 284 miles when I drove it home starting fully charged there. and two more days doing 80% the first day and the rest the second. My home outlet charges now at a rate of 30 - 32 miles of range an hour, my maximum fully charged range is ~316 miles. But the Superchargers that are everywhere can charge it at 100 miles range per 30 minutes I have read. Yet to charge anywhere but home. It is cheaper by far to pay for Supercharger charging on trips, as opposed to the cost of gas or diesel, and cheaper yet when I charge at home. I should never need to charge anywhere but home as I don't drive all that much. We are only doing windshield tours and I am getting good at no stop trips. So yes I have been busy getting the Baja ready to sell, charting and playing with the costs of ownership, and accelerating up to the speed limits wherever I am safely, but very fast.

FBL,
So glad your move worked out so well.

Sassy and Mags,
No I am not sleeping in it. I have a lot of control on my Tesla App on my Android phone. I can open the Frunk (Front trunk because there is no big engine there) and the rear hatch, set the climate control on, honk the horn, or put it on sentry mode and it records anything moving around it from its 360 camera coverage. There is no key. Just two valet cards, one in my wallet and the other in Mrs Itchy's purse wallet, and my cell phone securely paired to it. My SH still smokes in the garage when it is hot here like today when it hit 94 as the high. But dry, so it feels like 75 -80 tops anywhere else. S I sometimes toot the horn as she sits directly in front of the car when smoking. Or subtle like popping the Frunk open in the silence f the garage. I'm bad!

Sassy,
Me too vis a vis grateful for beautiful surroundings to explore and be in, in the moment.

Charon,
Sorry to hear you decided to set yourself back to zero in a moment of feeling deprived. Before I finally quit for good I did that daily, and for a couple of years I couldn't get 24 hours! I have 10 years this coming September.

Yep the July 2020 group will be where you will find others who still feel deprived, instead of feeling we survived alcohol and our own self sabotaging to live free. If you want to quit for life you can, and we will see you back here in a year we hope. Some Itchy thoughts I wrote during my first few years sober for you to take with:

"Stay strong it gets much better as you go. The only way I have found in life not to be vulnerable is to hide in a bottle. Being vulnerable gets easier. And then becomes being open. There is a difference."

"
I only want, when I find myself wanting."

"Stop getting ready and start getting to it.Not the tomorrow that never comes. Not when everything is right and there is no stress, and not with conditions like as long as I don't have to whatever, and not waiting for it to fall from the sky or be instantly available through a drink or pill.

Stop getting ready and start getting to it."

"
Boredom is wanting to do something, anything, as long as you don’t have to actually do something to do it."

"
Like all of us, I started in despair of having the willpower, and in desperation reached out like you are doing now too. If you are desperate enough, and have had enough, you will say ENOUGH!

And whatever it takes, you will find you already had enough of it."
Andy,
Percy was lucky to catch some love and care after a mauling from a raptor. I endeavor to emulate your big broken heart that you find still has enough love and caring to share. I hope your meetings are still providing an outlet like FBL gets from leading his. When you are ready you'll see.

Suze,
Whatever you did to your lower extremity I hope heals fast. You are a youngster after all. ( relatively speaking )

SE,
Congrats so far!

Wolf good to see ya, I've been gone a few weeks too.

Love all of you. I'll be around. About 38" around!

Be careful what you wish for: