Thread: Eye Opener
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 09:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Philemon

Thanks sober45, that's a very uplifting post for me. It just confirms what I'm thinking, those determined to beat this and keep a positive attitude that they can and will, are doing a huge favour for themselves mentally to succeed. I'm very pleased you are doing well and I think your pro-active approach is great.
I'm not even past the time I can go between binges and not really suffer mentally that much, physically, my god yes (4-10 days, only on day 7) but I think something has shifted, because I'm an emotional wreck. Don't know if it's because I know I have made up in my mind I will not use alcohol again and am psychologically coming to terms with the fact my escape from life with drink is not viable anymore or because although I say I go 4-10 day between binges, really, when I'm honest and look at it more clearly it has been about 4 days the last 8 months or so and my brain chemistry is mucked up because I've gone past the time of my usual fix.
Yes, the wet house is very depressing and dark

Thanks again and keep on doing what you're doing because it seems like it's working well for you