Old 07-06-2020, 08:16 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday, friends.
I just read al the posts I missed since Thursday. Whew. Lots of good stuff. Congrats on making it through the weekend sober, Captain and Willow! That sounds very challenging this early on, Willow.

Fish and chips - yes, please. I cannot eat fried foods like I used to be able to. My stomach doesn't do well. But every once in a while I make an exception for fried fish. And if I could find good hushpuppies up here in the north I would make an exception for those, too. Yum. I also really like boiled peanuts, not everyone does. My mom used to make them when we lived in Florida. It's really hard to find raw peanuts up here, too, so we have not had them in a vey long time. The next time my mom goes to Florida for a trip I'm going to beg her to bring back some raw peanuts so I can make them.

I tried to stay away from the internet over the 3-day weekend. I was partly successful. It helps my stress level to see less news and less of the online bickering. I was hoping to get a lot of projects done around my house but was limited because it is very hot here lately. I was only able to be outside for about a half hour at a time. There's no relief in sight.

My poor dog was sent around the bend because of all the fireworks over the past several days. There were so many on Saturday night in my neighborhood that the air outside was thick with smoke. There were not very many last night, thankfully. He had what I assume was a panic attack last night and I was up a lot with him as he whined and panted and paced all around the house. He's still very anxious this morning. I give him CBD every day because he does tend to be anxious, but this was something I have never seen in him. Usually if he is scared of loud noises he finds a small space to hide in and is ok in a short while. Poor thing. I think he's getting worse with the anxiety as he gets older.