View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
No. I did not post to sober recovery...I'm not sure that would have helped....to have a bunch of people take their time to reply to me and tell me not to drink....and I know I was going to drink anyway because I had written to my sister (who doesn't want me to drink either) and I told her...I feel this...I am trying NOT to do it but I know I am going to do it....and she replied...with don't do it...you are going to feel like crap...you are doing so good for almost 2 weeks....and then she said....but I know your going to do it if you are telling me you are....so stay in and don't drive and text me in a.m. so I know your ok.
I know you're not fond of 'critical' posts but c'mon Missy!

I think the worst thing you can do is convince yourself that posting here is futile or that once your mind is made up there's no point in fighting it anymore.

Thats classic AV and once you accept that its AV- fight it - AND BEAT IT - you'll be way better off.

I never changed my decision to drink...until I did.
I never used SR to talk to folks and ask for help to stop me drinking...until I did.

It's not going to be a nice day for you when you do it - your AV is going to be massively ticked off - but you'll feel awesome the next morning

You're worth the struggle Missy.

D