Old 07-05-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Lunar, I grew up in Florida in the sixties when conch was probably still legal in FL. Not sure. I've actually never had them, nor boiled peanuts - which is more a North Florida thing.

However, another FL favorite? Dolphin fish, called Mahi or Mahi-Mahi elsewhere; I think that is Hawaiian.

Mmmm speaking of, there is a little restaurant in Bimini that makes a breakfast sandwich with grilled fish, egg and cheese on thick bread that's to die for.

I think I need to make biscuits and sausage for breakfast today!
Yes! Had that!
I loved it there and went diving in a conch hole nearby to harvest what became my first conch fritters. Delicious but slightly sandy at times. First effort in the dark on a deserted little island with bonfire lighting, so all things considered went well. Fueled me for spinnaker flying the next morning.

I am in and had a great 4th watching a boat parade on the lake after fireworks. Obliging rich neighbor on the next point put on what must have been a staged 5000 dollar display of amazing fireworks I got to see for free from the screened porch.

Beverage of choice? Decaf coffee. I’m 8 days from an uninterrupted year of sobriety and so grateful to be back from Relapseville for good this time.

Does anyone recall that REM song Rockville? Don’t want to go back and “waste another year” . . .