View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
harriet11

It's been an extra busy week this week for me. DIL's mother had to go back on life support and deteriorated. She was taken off life support on last Monday and died.
My DIL is taking it badly, she's not really coping well but then she hasn't been for a long time really due to other reasons. She was very dependent on her mother. It's a sad and difficult time.

She can't cope with the children most of the time, but that has been going on since she had them,(amazingly she even wanted another one but was discouraged thank goodness - she just assumed her mum would help out) that's why I now go round every day. Thank goodness I'm sober and some strength back so I can cope as I don't know how my son would cope on his own. He is basically a single parent, and carer besides having a full time job.

Anyway, we're just keeping on keeping on and the children are fine, that's the important thing for everyone.

Personally, I feel quite melancholy rather than depressed, sort of at a loss for words (well, more than usual anyway)