View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
MaximusD

Thanks everyone. I am going hour by hour but I think I am through the worst of it. I am making my sobriety #1 and keep telling the AV to **** off. AVRT is probably my favorite recovery tool so thank you Tatsy for bringing that up. Sober45, I am doing just as you say and thinking of all the crap that this poison has put me through. If I break and drink today I would be lucky if I could stop at this one day of drinking. History shows it is at least a few days before I can stop it again.

Hodd, most of my urges are in the morning. I don't get the typical Friday or Saturday urges anymore because my wife would kill me so most of my urges are when she is not here. Back in 2012 at my worst I drank everyday basically for months and got crazy strong urges after work. Finishing up lunch with my son. We worked in the garden some. Built a drip line for Mommas blueberry plants and went for a short walk. My son started falling asleep in his stroller because he woke up early (630) so we turned around because it was too early for him to nap. One day at a time. One hour at a time. Without being active like I am on SR I am sure I would have slipped by now. Just shows me how I need to stay active here and post regularly for a while.