View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
carlingford

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Never taken that antidepressant but I'm on another - for nerve pain - and that looks like it will be lifelong.

It took a couple of months to get used to the meds and for them to start to have a consistent effect, but now?

I'm not high, I'm not feeling like I'm high, and I'm not wanting to be high - I'm not avoiding responsibilities to take an anti dep instead and it's never left me in bad dangerous or embarrassing situations.

I'm not taking extra or obsessing about it...And i'm not blissfully happy night and day either which was one of my silly fears before hand.

Each to their own, but I don't consider I'm breaking recovery - I'm simply looking after myself and my quality of life.

congrats on 125 days Carlingford

D
Thanks, Dee, I'm feeling good today after 1st day in a new job. I was getting numb hanging around in the Covid crisis worrying about bills, etc etc. getting to use my brain in work and have no doubt I will sleep soundly tonight. Feeling normal again Thank God, I will continue as long as my doctor says too. No high just normal and anxiety, head melts and obtrusive thoughts and gone. Take care and Thanks for reply