View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 08:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Wow. Today has been a turning point. I actually feel normal again. Went for a 2 mile walk with my son and we saw water birds and butterflies and lizards and sun flowers and tomatoes and airplanes and chickens and horses. (The reason I write it like that is that is the way it feels with a 2 year old ) I am starting to feel like I did during april and may when I quit for 60 days. Finding things to do despite being stuck at home. Still sucks its hot but my mood has improved. Sleep was still shotty last night but not bad. Anyway, things are so much better now on day 6. Funny thing is, I know this because I have done this so much. My withdrawals aren't as bad because I spend much of the year not drinking. The issue here is the cycle. Quit for 2 or 3 months, binge for a week and then do it all over again. Where I really need to watch out is once I have been sober a month or two. Funny thing though that bastard AV suggested that since I was finally feeling good I should celebrate with.....you guessed it....alcohol. That bastard pissed off real quick cause I almost slapped him in the face.
I'd suggest you re-read your above post, Max, when the AV rises it's Beastly head/voice. You witnessing the wonderment of your two year old son walking out in the world: your mood improved; you telling the b*stard AV where to go! You've got this Mx, if you want it! Don't let the autonomous tiny chimp part of the brain dictate to the pre-frontal cortex Max, who can ignore it.