View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
PuckLuck
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Made it through day two but i have to admit, it was hard. AV was telling me one more day and I began plotting how I might make that work. I was even going to ride my bike to the liquor store, since my husband and I decided I wouldn’t drive anywhere today. But then I decided not to be so selfish on Father’s Day. I can’t believe I’m struggling like this. I hate myself while I’m drinking, yet the mind tells me it would be a good idea to partake one more time? This addiction is ruthless.

Welcome back, Citrus! I’ll have to reread the AVRT crash course tomorrow, so I can tell that bugger off when it tells me lies.
Yeah I usually get the biggest cravings when I'm bored, honestly. Or super pissed off and want to forget about negative things.

Like for example, I've been sober for a week or two and I get sick of being bored and I think how much fun it would be just to cut loose with a bottle and listen to some music or whatever because I always get way more into whatever I'm doing when I'm drunk. I completely forget that when I do that it turns into a nasty, depression filled, psychotic bender every single time. Alcohol is definitely cunning, baffling and powerful. Always ready to fool you into thinking you can handle and enjoy it responsibly (yeah right).