View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Numblady

Welcome ClownQueen!

Grateful for RZ’s new doc, for the oxygen he is receiving, and for his indomitable spirit.
Grateful for NC’s sweet words about our little January 2018 recovery class Agree—wouldn’t be here without (and the Grat Pack of course!)
Grateful for Fearless’ kind words and understanding about the stress level right now. Also cracking up that out of all the places to eat Tex-Mex you went to Taco C!! I actually like it too but people are kind of snobby about it around here sometimes.
Grateful Sunpengwn is safe from fires. Prayers going up.
Grateful to talk to my dad for a bit last night. He hasn't been doing great health-wise. Had to have a colostomy bag temporarily for some issues, now has lost so much weight he’s down to what he weighed in high school, and is extremely lethargic. Hoping he gets some answers from the docs this week. He said in a way that is kind of haunting me that he’s kind of at the end of his life expectancy for the family he comes from. I think I’ve mentioned he tends toward the apocalyptic and several of his siblings are still alive. But still. He and his brother, like many of Irish descent, live out the genetic consequences of famine of earlier generations and are diabetic (his brother severely to the point of having had a kidney transplant etc.) and I worry especially during COVID for him.
Grateful I’m going to work out instead of diving right in to work, which is what I have been doing for far too many days (and nights) in a row.
Grateful for the support of this group. Love you all!