Thread: Reaching out
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 07:53 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

DAY 31!!.....

The sun is out and it's good to be off. Got loaded up with tons of good food, treats and other nice things to have in the cupboard.

I am feeling pretty good, the anxiety has died down a bit and it's good to get some rest. I think the thing that is hanging around me just now is feeling that 31 days is good (I know it) but I have been here A LOT of times before and still messed it up. I am feeling like my thinking is changing and I am keeping the commitment I have made to come here each day and connect with my decision to properly start recovery, but it's just that I don't trust myself or my mind to not become weak and just fail. I guess I will have to cross that bridge if I come to it.

I am able to challenge and change that intense fearful thinking that I reckon unpinned most of my drinking. I feel less scared, less tense and less like I want to be alone all the time, so I am taking that as a Really Good Sign. I need that. I really, really need that.

I am aiming for the day I log on here and it's 365 days.............I will be over the moon!