View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
StartingOverNW

Good morning everyone. I'm back on day 11. I'm sorry I haven't posted for a bit. I'm still dealing with insomnia but it seems to be getting better. I think I actually slept over 6 hours straight last night - probably for the first time in over a year without any chemicals in my system. I'm sorry to hear the stories of some of you struggling in the first couple of days - I've been there a LOT.

I actually got a new bicycle a few days back and have ridden it every day since. Its reminded me of how much I liked to ride when I was younger and helped keep me in good spirits. I'm also planning to start working on setting up a fresh water aquarium this coming weekend. I think looking forward to start doing these things again that I used to like a lot from my past has been helpful so far.

But I also had a few thoughts this morning about how maybe i can use sometime in the future on vacations and stuff like that, which I know is a sign the using thoughts will start coming more often. So coming back here and reading more stories is a good way to keep reminded that I that's not healthy thinking. I still haven't been to any online meetings yet but its definitely time to push past the social anxiety and start doing that.

Jewel, pinkbutterly, Misc, Lixie, and anyone else in their first couple of days or so or are struggling - I'm really glad you're here and posting. And everyone else too. Let's all get through today together.