View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
abraxas69

Morning all, it has just gone 5am here. I usually get up earlier than I need to, but not this early! Couldn't get back to sleep when I awoke, the sun was just coming up, and I have quite a bit on so thought why not, let's get started with the day.

Having a bit of a busy schedule today, and thinking through the comments to my post yesterday (thank you everyone!) has presented me with another realisation. Just as we learn to deal, sometimes for the first time, with our emotions, I thought that - for me at least - there is also a lot more time to think about things. Exacerbated immensely by the pandemic and lockdown. But even without that, I was thinking that a typical day 6+ months ago could be summarised as: wake up and clear the fog and/or deal with the hangover and/or try and piece together the events of the previous evening in order to remember it; go to work, concentrate fully on that as that's all my brain was capable of doing; come home, start drinking. Not a lot of time to do much thinking or self reflection!

Now here I am, it's just gone 5am, and I'm straight out of the starting blocks. Little wonder these things take time - there's a lot to be getting used to! This is, of course, a very good thing.
----

Wow, Willow, that is a beautiful picture, and a lot of very good reasons not to go swimming, however enticing it looks! It reminds me of how, many years ago, me and my girlfriend at that time were on holiday in Fiji. We swam happily in the sea over the course of a couple of days, before someone told us we should be wearing reef shoes because, whilst rare, there could be stonefish in the area! The thought of standing on one of those certainly put the frighteners up us!

Happy birthday for yesterday fk! My username kinda gives it away, but also born in '69 :-)

Hope you all have a happy and sober day, take care everyone

Last edited by abraxas69; 06-16-2020 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Typos