Old 06-13-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
kk1k5x

Also, who could forget the drunken stories of conquest? I'd like to call this activity ...bravadoratory

At times when on a bus, for the purposes of self-amusement, I do this sketch in my head where I have a sober guy tell a completely sober story in the key of bravadoratory. You can hear a lot of these stories on the buses in the original format, especially on a Saturday morning, but here's a random rendition of what it looks like as a sober story:

// So ....this other dude and I were like chilling, and having some sparkling water with fruit juice, right? Just refreshing our throats if you know what I mean.
And then, you know, we were ...discussing extremely practical and relevant topics ...when these two ladies roll up. They were like ..."Hey fellas! ...we heard you weren't yelling or being obnoxious and rude, so we wondered if we could join you?" The ladies looked beautiful, you know, and so we were like "ABSOLUTELY!"...
After that, you know, THINGS JUST TOOK OFFF!!! We went from politics to philosophy to stress at work and personal acheivement like bang-bang-bang. It was totally INSANE. Like ...arguments were absolutely flying and like ...all the premises were solid and there were no fallacies and no one was yelling over one another. I'm telling you, man, it was completely bonkers!
So we were having delicious snacks and still sipping on that sparkling water, talking talking talking, getting to know each other and forming a memorable bond with these people who were complete strangers just 2 hours ago... Right ...and like ...it was crazy.
And later, like, I really found one of the ladies interesting. I liked her big ...ideas. So I ....respectfully asked her if she would like to go on a date with me, right? And she was like "Maybe", and smiled, and gave me her phone number. CRAZY!!
The evening just went on and on and it was getting late, so we dutifully paid our bill and went home, because everyone had things to do.

And so this morning, you know ... the absolute most insane thing happened!!! I like ....woke up in my own bed, things were clean and I remembered everything //

You can do that with many other scenarios as well. Keeps the smelliness thoughts at bay sometimes.