View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

tap, please keep posting (and not deleting). If people don't want to be "bothered," they won't read. Problem solved.

If on the other hand, people are keenly interested in supporting you (as I am), they will read. Others will be enticed by your clever subject line and they may choose either camp - or another altogether.

The point is that posting here can be an essential part of your self-care and commitment. The exercise in and of itself can be helpful. If you're feeling at all altruistic (or even if you're not), I can pretty much guarantee that someone will benefit from reading you.

It comes as no surprise to me that you're feeling pretty much nothing right now. Your body and brain and psyche have been through the wringer. You deserve a rest. My advice is to start climbing out as you are able. Not as you "feel like it" because that feeling may not come, and then you're particularly vulnerable to getting sucked back into the black hole.

What are you going to do with your sober self? Read? Walk? Do puzzles? Write? Take up cross-stitch? Think of something to engage your mind and/or body and do it, even if you don't want to. Maybe especially if you don't want to.

Keep posting. You have a unique voice and I look forward to hearing it sober.

xo
O