View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
HopefulYear777

Maria- I hope you can make it through this tough time. I try to think of it like- okay I’m going to go through the hell of the first 12 hours. The first day. The first two days. All over again. I’m not going to be happy I had a drink the night before when I wake up the next morning. Someone mentioned on the board yesterday about watching youtube videos about alcoholism. I had not thought of that but I did and found some fascinating videos. It is a great time passer as well. Wishing you the best of luck. You got this!

Coz- that deck is amazing. I’ve been thinking about it for days. I even started pricing wood to build a little floating deck and watching videos. LOL. I know I won’t do it but it is fun to imagine it. I think I could nail the boards down on top but the hard part of all that leveling and starting boards is so over my head. Some people can build and others can just be in awe.

WL- glad you are making it through the boredom and not drinking!

Zombie- Congrats on day 24. Many more.

Mystified- So glad you got a sign from your Mom. Take care.

RAL- a BIG congrats on the BIG 30! It will be 60 before you know it.

Dee- Thanks for all that you do!

Karen- I take it Charley is doing well? I’m with you. Still thinking about that omelette.

VenusCat- I hope you get your DL soon! I imagine getting used to driving on the opposite side would take some practice. I can’t wait for the pics!

Didit- I’ll join you on 18. I literally have to check my calendar to be sure I’m on the right day. Good luck getting over your cold. It took me a while to get over mine.

Day 18. Good day. Nothing exciting. Worked on staking my tomatoes a bit more today. Was in the mood to bake so I baked a lemon pound cake. As if that wasn’t enough. I made strawberry topping and fresh whipped cream. It was incredible. I gave most of it away to neighbors and friends. Baking seems to be a lost art with many of my friends so it’s nice surprising people with fresh baked goodies. Did a little yoga. Trying to incorporate a few light weights into some arm exercises. I think I’ve mentioned before that for the past 1.5 years I’ve had problems with my shoulders. They’ve been better in the past few months since doing daily bone broth and stretching. I’m sure the lack of alcohol consumption will help as well.\

Looked up my doctors appointment for my cardiologist and it is next month. So at least I will not have been drinking when I see him again. It feels so good to go to the doctor when you haven’t been drinking. Actually I don’t go at all when I have. It feels awesome to fill out paperwork and be able to say that you drink 0 times a week. Simple pleasures.

Everyone have a great sober day.

Hope