View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Willow00

Good morning from Aus. It’s a bit chilly here this morning so I’ve made coffee and I’m back in bed under the covers, until I wake up a little and warm up a little. I know, most people would say 15C isn’t chilly, but when it rarely goes below 28C, 15 is cold! Brrr

Thanks for the welcome back. I’m still dusting myself off after having fallen off the wagon, but I seem to have managed to scramble back on relatively intact and nothing appears to be broken, just somewhat battered and bruised and feeling sore and sorry. I was very lucky it wasn’t much worse, because it easily could have been, and I’m very lucky I managed to climb back on, because each time I have fallen off, it seems it’s getting harder to get back on. I could have been left behind laying in the wheel ruts in the mud. It’s a real reminder to me that I really need to hang on a lot better, especially when there are bumps in the road.

I encountered a whole heap of bumps this last month and I wasn’t hanging onto the wagon firmly enough. But here I am. I don’t intend to fall off again. I think I’ll strap on a safety harness to stop me falling off. SR is my safety harness, and when I had internet and family dramas, I’d slipped right out of the SR safety harness, so when the inevitable bumps came along, the AV didn’t have to try too hard to pull me off the wagon. Also, restrictions have eased here somewhat, and people are all madly catching up. Soooo not visiting my drinking friends is one thing. And not letting visiting friends bring alcohol into my house is another thing.

So I’m back on the wagon, strapped into the SR safety harness, and I’m watching out for the potholes in the road so I can hang on tighter when they arise.

Have a good day everyone