View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 11:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
snitch

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
Once you accept you’re powerless over alcohol you can recover in my experience. The only way you can ‘beat’ alcoholism is through surrender and accepting you can never beat it in my experience. The sober life is a wonderful life. I have a life beyond my wildest dreams thanks to my sobriety and getting recovered from alcoholism on a daily basis.
Hi James and welcome back.

I echo what Brighterday says.

I was in denial for many years. I think most alcoholics are. I tried and tried and tried to control my drinking but it's an unattainable task for an alcoholic and because alcoholism is progressive it just gets worse until we are doing things like smashing up our homes amongst other stuff.

I had to surrender. I admitted completel defeat. I had to stop getting in the ring with alcohol. It knocked me down every time and it's only goal was to keep me down there. I kept getting back up but after my last binge I had to hold my hands up and say I am done. 2 years sober now and if I ever get back in the ring with alcohol I don't think I will get back up next time.

Surrender. Acceptance. Then willingness to do whatever it takes to get and stay sober. Find a mental defence against the FIRST drink. It is the first drink that does the damage and the only drink that we need to stay away from, one day at a time.

I never thought I would get sober. i lived to drink. But recovery is possible, I am living proof, with the grace of a loving God, AA and SR today I am free from the chains of alcohol.

Stay close my friend

🙏❤🙏