Thread: 1 week
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JustPeachy95

1 week

Well, I'm not sure if I really belong here, but I do know that I don't exactly have a healthy relationship with alcohol. I'm only 25 so I question if I'm just doing the "going through my 20s" type of drinking. At the same time, I know a lot of my habits are not normal. I had people over at my place a week ago and had this moment of clarity. I've had a lot of family drama going on right now and, in being open about it, I realized that these people I've been hanging out with don't really know me at all. I feel heartbroken over realizing that I don't know what it's like to forge deep bonds with people outside of my family. I feel like this revelation is that I want real friends and not just coworkers that I frequent happy hours with. I want to be done with only giving myself permission to be me and feel my feelings once I've binged on a box of wine. I've got some serious self reflection to do and there's so much more that I want out of life. I'm tired of dulling it all. I know this won't fix everything and I have no idea how serious my drinking is or not, but I do know that choosing sobriety, at the very least, can't hurt to try.