View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
PuckLuck
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I am in a Similar situation, Puckluck. I go on 2-3 week benders, sober up for a week or two, then eventually go into another bender. I've lost everything pretty much. I am fortunate that my family is somewhat wealthy and money is no issue. But I am a mess. Just returned 100 empty beer cans for the deposit. I am on Day 7 sober. You have to start somewhere. The first week is gonna be rough, but you have to detox sometime.
Thanks for the reply man. I read your post earlier and it hit home because it's so similar to the mess I am in. Grats on 7 days.

My family is somewhat wealthy too, but they flat out refused to continue to help me with my bills. I understood that.

I actually had a career once upon a time and was fairly good with my finances, but when everything went to hell and I ended up in the hospital without insurance it all started to pile up quickly. Credit card and medical bills in collections, couldn't make a car payment...

I hate to say it but I am ridiculously manipulative when it comes to getting money for alcohol. And usually get my way. Makes me sick, but it is what it is.