View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
PuckLuck
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Do you have to use video chat though? Not comfortable with that.
Originally Posted by nez View Post
That was me. I had a seizure from acute alcohol withdrawal which can be fatal without medical intervention and still went right back at it after they had fixed me up. I had to go to rehab to protect me from myself. I needed to be somewhere that alcohol absolutely was not available. no matter what, no matter how, so that I could get enough sober time to assume responsibility of protecting me from myself. After 30 days the physical addiction was gone, at which point the ball was in my court to deal with the mental addiction. I no longer had even a flicker of an excuse. If I thought otherwise, the real excuse was always to be found in the mirror.
Yes, indeed.

Severe withdraw is like stepping into an actual nightmare. I haven't had any seizures, except for like mild flinching. Hard to explain.

I have experienced hallucinations before. I've thought I heard voices or animal like sounds that weren't really there (still not sure).

I know one night when I quit drinking after a very long bender I saw a person standing over my bed and I immediately jumped up with my fists flying. Nothing was there.

Really scary stuff.