View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
1111spirit

Originally Posted by HereNow44 View Post
Well I made it through another day. I feel much better physically, after a couple days of feeling sick to my stomach and shaky.

I had a knee-jerk craving to drink at my usual time and I reminded myself that I didn't want to go through this whole miserable process again after making it nearly 72 hours, and the craving actually passed.

My anxiety was bad this afternoon, so bad I wanted to get out of my skin. So I did the only thing I could think of and took the dog to walk in the park. It helped a ton. Also I never drink juice but I had a glass of cold OJ this afternoon and it tasted like the best thing ever.

But I can't think straight. My job requires intense focus. Fortunately it's only part time, but I have to be on top of my game with mental focus to do my work correctly. And my brain feels like it's gone. I can't concentrate and I can't remember words and I'm really sucking at work this week.

Is this a withdrawal symptom? If so how long til I get my brain back? Is this going to get better?
Hi there. I'm on day 10 sober. The fog lifts more and more each day. I'm very clear now and "awake" for that matter. Feeling great actually. Yes its s withdrawl symptom. I need my brain for work too. I was drinking on the job regularly. Not a good combo. How are you today?