View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HereNow44

Three days sober, can barely focus

Well I made it through another day. I feel much better physically, after a couple days of feeling sick to my stomach and shaky.

I had a knee-jerk craving to drink at my usual time and I reminded myself that I didn't want to go through this whole miserable process again after making it nearly 72 hours, and the craving actually passed.

My anxiety was bad this afternoon, so bad I wanted to get out of my skin. So I did the only thing I could think of and took the dog to walk in the park. It helped a ton. Also I never drink juice but I had a glass of cold OJ this afternoon and it tasted like the best thing ever.

But I can't think straight. My job requires intense focus. Fortunately it's only part time, but I have to be on top of my game with mental focus to do my work correctly. And my brain feels like it's gone. I can't concentrate and I can't remember words and I'm really sucking at work this week.

Is this a withdrawal symptom? If so how long til I get my brain back? Is this going to get better?