View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lines

Hey PumpkinSpouse.

Hiding other addictions. He also has bipolar correct? When I went to treatment years ago, my main problem was snorting coke. But the coke use led to my drinking too much, and using other drugs which I never touched before. I also did things I wasnt proud of. All of it washed out in therapy, and I shared it with my wife in our sessions together. Was painful but needed to be done. I wouldn't be surprised if your husband didnt use or do some things he is concealing from you. Maybe he talked about it in his rehab? Depends on how they work and if he felt comfortable I'd guess.

what place were the 2 of you in before he landed in treatment? I dont think things can magically change unless you work together, talk, use therapy?, set some goals and each be heard. You dont need to shut up, or suffer in silence. He shouldn't treat you with disrespect no matter what he's going through. But it's accurate to say he may need space and time to think.
I was extremely tired after quitting. Also was dealing with depression, low self esteem, lots of negative views of myself. All that likely showed up in my interactions with others. Sometimes when a person feels low, they can lash out or try to bring others down to their level. Lots of psychological stuff going on.

I never used AA or any structured programs. Only talk therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, good habits, and stress reduction techniques. There's a lot of ways to recover. Not sure what time takes time means exactly. Progress is measurable.