View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bilr44

Hi Tink, I’ve said things in here that I have never told anyone face to face. I applaud anyone for just joining SR because I’m sure there are more who should than do. It feels good for your soul to release some of the things we say here because otherwise we would keep it bottled up. Saying things in here is also giving the confidence to slowly talk about this stuff with friends or family. I am very careful with who I trust in the real world but in here we all have the same common denominator we are trying to solve.

Okay, trying to psyche myself up for a run this morning. I have no choice but to do it now, or I can wait until it is almost 100 degrees in a few hours.

I passed the test for two nights with my wife away. I actually feel really content and at peace with myself and have no inclination or desire to drink. I’m finding out a lot about myself and realizing some of the things I thought were triggers were really just the ball and chain of alcoholism trying to drag me down. I mean, almost anything can be a trigger if your AV wants it to be.

Sorry for the long rant.