View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ABCCuddly

Weekends are My Enemy

Weekends are my enemy. I do fine throughout the week, rarely even wanting to drink. I sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed. On Friday I generally start thinking about alcohol. However, I'm usually thinking in the context of "I'm so not going to drink this weekend." But, I normally do anyway. Carl Sagan once said that humans are not able to totally control their thoughts or emotions. I can tell you I understand what he meant by that. I live the truth of that statement nearly every weekend.
When I go without drinking I always wake up the next morning feeling victorious! The coffee has a better flavor and breakfast is more relaxing. I think a lot of my issue is that I'm afraid to actually say I'll never be able to taste a good stout again. So I subconsciously over compensate by going on a binge. Anyway, I'm worried about the weekend. I'm always worried about the weekend. I need to just grow up and stop whining about losing something and use the opportunity to gain something else instead. Thanks, for the help so far folks. I am learning. The curve is steep though.