View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 07:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BarbieKen

Dee, ohhhh burned fingers. I’m so, so sorry.Â
I burned a few finger tips with hot bacon grease when I was 8 months pregnant with our son Mark. I was making Cobb Salad to bring to my Baby Shower. I kept my fingers in ice water for hours. All that to say ... I understand and hope you can find something that helps with that kind of pain.
I’m in a much better mood today. I credit seeing my friends from my Home Group Big Book Meeting this morning. Lifted my spirits for sure! Zoom Meetings everyday definitely are wonderful, and I go to at least 1 per day. But, being with my HG Family is so extra special.Â
My sweet Ken was in a depressed mood all day today. Â He did yard work and that helped. Then earlier his fellow band mates all got together on the phone too! Â It’ll be 60 Days tomorrow that we’ve been Home. Except for Ken driving to his office .... when there is some work. He only works with his brother.Â
We had to lose the employees during the Great Recession of 2008/09. Never could get them back ... so we just pulled together to do the work. Then as the years went by and business came back, Ken would farm out the BIG jobs, still making a profit for our family business. We’ve been doing bulk mailing for about 30 years.Â
Now? ODAAT and Unemployment Benefits . Â If need be, I’ll get in line for food. But, so far we’re good. Our little Family does not take for granted that we are sober and in recovery. For each of us our Sobriety has and continues to be #1. What would we do or be if it weren’t??Â
With that ... I’m in for my next 24.
Happy Mother’s Day to ALL our strong Mom’s doing the do ... damn being a Mom during a Pandemic??? We are AWESOME Ladies!!!Love, BobbiÂ