View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

When you wake up..

'When you wake up each morning tell yourself that:The people I deal with today will be arrogant, ungrateful, meddling, dishonesty, surly and jedazlous. They are like that because they don't know good from evil.' - Marcus Aurelius
Good, in terms of the Stoic Virtues means exercising practical wisdom, temperance, courage in your dealings with others and yourself and to be just in your dealings with your environment.
Evil, means to act shamefully towards others or yourself, sometimes both at the same time.
All of which is based on logic and reason, which itself is based on an individual's ability to think cognitively.
Thank you for providing us with an example of being one of those people referred too in the quote by Marcus Aurelius, we will all be forever in your debt.
And remember,' What happened to you may not be your fault,but it is your responsibility to think about it,' William Knauss. One of the founders of Cognitive Behaviour.
As you have a book for me I return your kind offer,' Philosophy for Life and Other Dangerous Situations,' Jules Evans