Thread: Close call...
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
StuckInMyHead

Originally Posted by nez View Post
Goodatcha StuckInMyHead!!! Feels good when you do that and turn from the temptation, doesn't it? I distinctly remember the last time I relapsed and drank...and that was over 17 years ago! As the beer went down my throat a voice in my head said "Ahhh, honeydew vine water", at the exact same time, another voice said "S*^t, here we go again." When I say no way, no how to alcohol, I only hear one voice and it is saying "Attaboy! You can do this!"

ÂÂ “S#^t here we go again” is EXACTLY what I said right before I took the first drink the last time I relapsed. I knew, and continue to know, where it’s going to head. ÂÂ Exactly why this time was different, I don’t know but I can think back to all of the times I didn’t turn around even though just about every instinct in my mind and body told me that I was about to makeÂÂ a very bad decision. I’m just thankful for whatever gave me the conscience to make the right call. The craving is still there today but I slept like a baby last night and that alone is worth more than any drink of evil. Appreciate your support!