Old 04-30-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in, Thanks, Mags.
Those mountain vistas are beautiful. I've always been a seashore kind of person, but I do also love mountains. Ok, I love all nature and outdoors, doesn't really matter.

Today I'm going to make decisions about the furlough I have to take. I have options on how to do it. I can take days intermittently, one per pay period, or take them all at once. If I take the days consecutively I can apply for unemployment benefits, but what a hassle. What I am not sure about is how many days we have to take. That seems to be variable. I found out yesterday we don't have to take the days off until June, so that is much better than the timeline we were originally presented with. There was a big meeting yesterday and many people complained about the whole thing so they responded and made a few changes. I'm gathering more information today and I'll decide what to do.

I'm feeling more optimistic about everything today. The past few days have been rough. I figured out that I have not been getting nearly enough good sleep and that was coloring my emotional state. I went to bed at 9 last night, went to sleep before 9:30, and slept soundly until 4:30, then was able to get another hour of sleep once I closed the window and put a pillow over my head so that the VERY LOUD bird noises were muffled. I love spring and the birds and all of that, but 4:30 is a very RUDE time to start yelling at each other, birds!!