View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 03:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
soap

I was so sick with withdrawals the last few times i quit. I also had to take a few shots to make it through work. Then it got to the point where withdrawals were so bad that i couldnt even continue drinking even if i wanted to. Hot flashes, numb tingling throughout the body, nausea induced vomiting, and the most intense anxiety. Just sick as sick could be.

For my own reasons, doing a medically supervised withdrawal wasnt an option. Luckily i was able to get some time off of work. What i would do for the first couple of days after quiting would be to drink a beer or just some gulps when i started to feel the darkness closing in and hot hyperventilating hit me. I went out of my way to not catch a buzz. And wouldnt drink unless i felt i absolutely had to, Just enough to feel like i wasnt going to die. It helped i was so sick i didnt want to drink but just survive.
Then it was time for the halucinations and relentless thumping music when going to bed. If i could sleep, i would awake in a void anxiety, not knowing who or where i was for a few seconds, blanketed in sweat.

After 2 days, i would maybe take one sip on day 3, then quit completely. By then the halucinations had quit but i still had a week of tossing, turning, thumping music, and night sweats. The 1st night of real sleep on day 4 or 5, even though i would have the moat intense nightmares felt like a god send. Then on day 6 and 7 started to feel human again.