View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Trying to taper is better than not being able to try at all..I did taper once...I was at the end of my physical life...alcohol was killing me but I was in the vicious cycle...I was a beer drinker....so what I did was I peronsally bought shots to have in the house and only would drink one if I was having withdrawal symptoms...so withdrawal..drink a shot...sleep....withdrawal..drink a shot sleep....but I couldn't have it be a "shot" of beer otherwise I would give in and drink all 24 of them....I did the shots of a different alcohol for a couple days..and then I felt ok to go cold turkey because my alcohol consumption was way down...
It CAN be done...there are taper schedules on line if you wanted to use your drink of choice as the taper....If you have enough will to do this...you can do it...by will I mean if you say I had 10 beers yesterday and today I'm going to make 6 last...and you stick to that.....than maybe you do that for 2 days and then stop on the 3rd day....look up a program of taper that might fit your needs...cause I still say try anything...all else fails....go to a hospital to detox..