View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lines

Re: Sober but the same

Question: did you start a relationship with him before he obtained a problem with alcohol? And he treated you well, none of the issues your describing now?
Then, how long was he drinking and taking your rx medication during the relationship?
I didnt know what dry drunk was so had to look it up and found it's basically an AA term. I dont know anything about this, but if he was drinking for an extended period of time then there were changes in the brain, chemicals. Should return to normal after a period of time all on it's own as long as he stops abusing substances.
What your describing sounds like 2 people who are both behaving the same way towards each other as you did when he was using. It does take time to rebuild trust. But maybe he feels like your behaving the same and he has changed. Which creates more conflict and less respect and trust between you. Simply my thoughts.
Or he could still be hiding alcohol and/or drug use from you.
If your dating, have you considered taking a break? If together you cant change the dynamics - is this what you want? And how long to wait with no mutually structured plan to get your relationship back on track.