Old 04-17-2020, 09:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
JustTony

I wonder - just put of curiosity - what happens when your friend says “when we do the grocery order today I’m going to get a load of beer because I’ve worked so hard and I’m just going to get blasted tonight”?

I mean he’s not a self proclaimed alcoholic right? He’s not PROMISED not to drink for two months correct? So what then? What happens as you see him start to drink?

I was on a house party internet meeting app last night. They were all drinking. It was really tough as I’m only 18 days sober and they weren’t even in the same room and I couldn’t smell the beer, wine and spirits. I got through it ok as I had no choice. I’m locked up at home with my wife and there is no booze in the house (deliberately). But it was still hard. A bit miserable even. A look at what could have been if I was ‘normal’ - something I will never be.

Anyhow - good luck when your friend drinks one night. Yes I read your comments about it being a no drinking break. My comprehension skills are fine by the way. But it’s not what you write it’s what you DIDN’T write.

Your friend (to my knowledge) has NOT said he has a problem and has NOT said he will spend the whole trip alcohol free. So good luck when he orders those two or three six packs.

By the way one last piece of advice from a guy with (probably) more grey hairs than you? Don’t ask questions if you don’t want answers - because - frankly - it’s irritating.