Old 04-17-2020, 08:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
snitch

Hi NB. Well, it is your decision and looks like you have made it anyway but at 30 days sober (i am coming up to 2years) there was no way I would be doing what you are doing. At least not this time round. After years of trying to quit and going back to drinking I clearly hadn't had enough. 2 years ago a few drinks one night led me onto a 10 day binge that nearly killed me so when I got sober I knew I had to do whatever it took to stay sober and going into isolation for a month with a good friend of mine who is a big drinker themselves would have 100% been off the table. I wouldn't even do that now! There would have been not a chance in hell I would have stayed sober and for this alcoholic to drink is to die. My sobriety HAS to come first before ANYTHING else because if I am not sober I am dead anyway.

I am not sure how to end this. Not with good luck, that doesn't sound right. If you are in for any sort of fighting chance at staying sober, be honest with your friend and stay connected to SR. 🙏❤