View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

i think you need to cut yourself some slack. many of us have been sent home and told to stay there. for our health and safety and that of the rest of the population. we don't really have a choice. it is the best and only way out. we all bear a social responsibility.

so that means you are stuck with a drinker in close quarters, 24/7 and don't HAVE a whole lot of options. this really isn't the time to run out the door screaming or even tell THEM to leave.

i'm not sure it's possible right now to achieve some state of zen or bliss or FUN your way out of the circumstances. you just gotta get thru. as best you can. without worrying about doing it right.

we have kids stuck to us like limpets. pets that assume we are home for THEIR entertainment. we have remote work to try and conduct. and still have laundry, house cleaning, dishes, cooking, grocery shopping, to deal with. we have to think and plan any outing - and how to stay safe while doing so.

i guess focus on what you can control, where you can put your efforts to the most use, and try to turn down the noise of drunk on the couch. if that is even possible.