Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

My addictive move was to think I was missing out on a good time if I didnt drink.

That thinking turned into horrible anxiety when I quit and continued to stay quit.

The addiction will do and say anything to get me to relapse.

What I found out after quitting for a long while was I was missing out on what real life was like.

Even dealing with the covid killer, doing it in real life is awesome. There is not a day that goes buy that I don't feel weird about something.

Yesterday, it around 4 or 5 pm. I wanted to shower, but just felt I had wasted the day away. Drinking crossed my mind as one of the things that I could have done.

As part of my new routine, i finished up my nightly things, and rolled into be around 930. I was nice and tired because i had exercised doing about 125 air squats, 100 crunches, and 100 push ups.

The exercise caused my brain to produce dopamine and endorphins. These internally produced drugs are the ones that drinking alters and the cause of my addiction.

This is proven all over, if one searches for it. There is no miracle. It is science. Education and suffering were my path out of my hellish addiction...so far.

I could relapse today. That is where 1 day at a time comes in.

5 years ago it was 30 airs squats/crunches/push ups. My goal is around 500 of each. When I get close to that goal, I know I will be in better shape. Not good shape, just better than before.

Exercise is my primary new DOC.

That is my advice.

Thanks.