View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 07:24 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
More prayers and love for you Wisc xxx

My elderly neighbour asked me to see if I could get her some eggs yesterday. Not Easter eggs, regular eggs. It's been really difficult to get them. But I managed to get some. And I washed my hands thoroughly before going to the supermarket and I wore gloves and a mask whilst in the supermarket but still I felt terrified when I left the carton of eggs on her doorstep..... I was worried that somehow the virus would be in the carton. So I phoned her and suggested she wear gloves when handling the carton and she said she would. And she said she'd hard boil the eggs when she needed them so that should kill any virus. But still I was worried. When I came off the phone, my friend called to say her father had died quickly from the virus. At any other time this would be earth stopping news. Her dad was so full of life and funny and kind. And part of the tragedy of all of this is that the dead aren't getting the time they deserve. They aren't getting the funerals they deserve, they aren't even getting the grief they deserve. Because as my friend was talking, I was naturally trying to be of comfort but part of my brain was distracted by the thought that I might have unwittingly brought the virus to my neighbour's door on a carton of eggs. There's almost too much going on to process right now. The physical side of life has slowed down but emotionally this is like running non stop marathons. It's Easter Sunday and I'm about to hide Easter eggs for my children to find. But is that crass? Is it wrong for me to try to carry on as normal when friends parents are ill and dying? When Wics is in intensive care? I think I'm going to meditate for a bit and spend the time sending love and strength to all those suffering, thanks to all the NHS workers ..... and then I'll deal with the Easter egg hunt. I need to continue to find the right balance every day ..... I wouldn't have a hope of being able to find that balance if I was drinking. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx
I hear you darling. I am feeling every bit of that...and I am so sorry about your friend's dad. May he rest in peace. ❤️

I have been worried about people making food for each other...as wisc's neighbour did. I would be worried about the eggs as well.

I bought bagels for my neighbours (online and had them delivered directly to them) and I wanted to give them cream cheese. I put gloves on and opened a new double Philly pack and took out one of the boxes and left it at their front door. Then I texted my friend to tell her how I had opened it....and she was going to open the box with gloves and throw it out. It is exhausting working all of this out.

I had a panic attack this morning that was the worst one I have ever had....I am still shaking. I think the worry over all of this has driven me insane. I am going to get into my garden today and do some healing...as Bobbi said....listen to the birds and feel the beauty of nature.

OK....sorry for the disconnected outpour everyone....I needed to get that out.

I am going to see if I can work out which hospital Greg is in so we can find out how he is....praying that he is doing as well as possible right now.

So much love to all of you. xxxx ❤️❤️