Thread: O Well?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Cosima11

Thanks Hawkeye, it sucks to admit 3 weeks of this is all it took for me to start regressing.. I haven’t thought of drinking but my sleep schedule is getting worse and worse now and I feel there's nothing I can do about it. This person I've been talking to wanted to go look at houses (he wants to buy a place and move before putting his on the market) but canceled yesterday. I'm waiting til the end of the weekend but will call him on Monday and if he wants to wait I'm probably gonna go stay with friends for at least a week or longer.

And yeah the boyfriend's mom would also advise my sister to only buy him basic necessities such as food or gas. That's understandable but at the same time, if he didn't have those basic necessities.. finding them would've had to become his sole focus and he might not have even had the means to use.

Probably the saddest part of the story is he had been clean for some time and then relapsed and got fired from a job. He was in the process of being evicted and asked his parents if he could live there again. They didn't know he had relapsed but still said no, and that's when the OD happened.

So there really are no easy answers but I think establishing trust so she feels she can always be honest with you, and consistency in what you will or won't do from now on are the most important things..