Thread: O Well?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:20 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

Cos, so sorry the quarantine is getting you down so hard. Anxiety and upset about all this has my spouse drinking way too much again, and I'm kinda upset about that as much as the rest right now.

O, I think Cos has a great point about not taking anything away, but not doing additional bailouts if eldest won't help herself with recovery a little more.

This would be an excellent time to go in-patient if she would do it. Other than that, your assessment that you have to front what's needed for your own sobriety first is a very wise decision and should stand in the face of all else right now.

Mama keeps the world going round, after all. . .

I'm doing pretty well except for the above-mentioned spouse slippage back into drink. I find myself very upset and impatient that I can't even leave him at the lake for 24 hours before he's off the wagon and drinking himself into a toxic teary depression about the sad news.

It is terrible, but I really need some backup here on my front line too. Not tempted to drink in the least, but would like to break every bottle of vodka in every booze store within 100 miles of my lake house right about now. . .is that healthy anger, or toxic?