View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AwkwardKitty

100 days of sobriety!!

I am absolutely thrilled to say I have accomplished 100 days of sobriety!

I thought to celebrate, I would share some of the things I have learned in the past 100 days:
  • Sobriety is good for creativity! I've been drawing and painting again, doing needle crafts and endless projects with my son including making a cardboard batmobile!
  • Not drinking hasnt solved all my problems. I still have mental illness, OCD, insomnia and am overweight but its cleared the path to being able to manage my other problems!
  • I'm loving my family so much right now! I feel so close to my husband and son and am really enjoying them more than ever!
  • I am a much more efficient and committed employee when I'm not drinking! And I'm off sick a lot less!
  • I get so much more done in general! I can make better decisions and deal with responsibility.
  • I look better, my skin is clearer, my dark circles have gone and the haunted look in my eyes is replaced by a sparkle.
  • I have more fun sober. The date night I went on with my hubby was one of the funnest nights we've had and I look forward to many more.
  • My nails have grown back and I've stopped biting them, with no effort at all! My hair is shinier and thicker!
  • My sobriety doesnt depend on what other people are doing -this is my journey and I've been able to take responsibility for myself. I can only control the things I can control.
  • There is joy to be had every day. Just having a bath or doing a puzzle with my son, cooking a meal, chatting with my husband...I am able to take pleasure in my normal every day life.
Best of all, the world is crazy right now and I am HANDLING it. I'm keeping sane and coping. I'm making sure I still appreciate life every day, and that when this is all over I will be in the best possible position.

It's not been sunshine and roses, trust me. I'm not saying this is easy especially in the midst of a global crisis. But there are infinite rewards to be found in a sober life and that's what you need to always hang on to.

Back at the start, 100 seemed like such a big, unachievable number. Yet it is only the beginning. There is so much more to come, and I need to stay focused.

Thank you to everyone here and especially Dee, for helping me get to this milestone!

Have a great day everyone!