View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
OliviaLynnMarsh

Thanks BeKindAlways It was still a peaceful night regardless of the drinking. I thought he had been but he didn't seem drunk and he was sitting talking to me about his AA meeting earlier. Good conversation actually so I said to myself "I must be wrong and that's awesome". I even said that I had been worried and he apologized for not taking his phone. "No worries" he said, "the liquor store only delivers now so you'll know if I have anything". That's not what the site had said when I looked it up earlier. Very peaceful though, in a great mood. Later I heard him in the pantry, came back with a can of root beer (after already having a 1 L pop) so without thinking much, I took a sip. It was so strong that I couldn't even tell if it was Vodka or rum. It felt like a burn on my throat. He had poured the liquor into the root beer can. All I said was , my gosh, that's so strong, I can't even tell what it is. Half hour later he can barely speak and is passed out on the couch. I suppose I took the sip because sometimes I need verification that I'm not crazy. Why do I ever get my hopes up? This is so devastating to me. I really need to find an online al-anon meeting to help me detach. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm in the EST time zone (eastern Canada).