View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OliviaLynnMarsh

How is everyone doing during isolation?

I'd love to hear your positives and worries. I'm sure we all have some common ones being spouses or family of alcoholics. I was doing so well..my husband was doing so well. So very stable here since the Covid thing started. Sober for 3 weeks or so and now I can feel my anxiety and despair ramping up. I think he discovered today that the liquor stores aren't actually closed. Tonight he said he was going to office to pick up something (after his online AA meeting and has meeting with his counselor tomorrow); totally believable until I discovered he hadn't taken his phone and the last thing he searched was our local liquor store. He must forget that that's how I saved his life last time (and maybe the lives of others). My son said, "mom, use find my iphone" and that's how we found him, passed out crashed into a snow bank"..just a bump really, not a crash but still horrifying what could have happened. My physiology has changed tonight. I can feel the tension and nausea. I want to stop him, to catch him and say "don't do this, you're doing so well." If he is gone too long, I'll have to call police and say I'm worried I guess.